By Steve Dellar  |  10-02-2017   News
Photo credit: @CattHarmony | Twitter

Yesterday we informed you of the latest ISIS attack in Marseille, South of France, where a terrorist shouted the by now well feared 'Allahu Akbar' and then killed 2 people by slitting their throats with a butcher’s knife before getting shot by police.

More details have become known about the perpetrator and victims.

The victims are two female cousins, a student of 17 years old and a nurse of 21 years old. The youngest girl was visiting her family member to celebrate her birthday.

The terrorist, who has still not been named, was an illegal immigrant of around 30 years old from either Tunisia or Algeria who had been arrested for shoplifting two days before.

An investigating source who did not wish to be named, said of the attacker: “He was known to police for his links to drug-related crimes, but had used up to eight identities over the past few months”.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Marseille?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Marseille</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/France?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#France</a>: an eyewitness who was sitting right next to the female victim murdered by Jihadi, describes the moment at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TrainStation?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TrainStation</a> <a href="https://t.co/FkuVWl6ZnN">pic.twitter.com/FkuVWl6ZnN</a></p>&mdash; 聖潔公義 (@JPY_Kurdish) <a href="https://twitter.com/JPY_Kurdish/status/914699473107980288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 2, 2017</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The source furthermore confirmed that the attacker had no radicalization links and was not on any terrorist watch list.

French President Emmanuel Macron expressed outrage over the Marseille attack on his Twitter account whilst at the same time praising the quick reaction of his security services, including the Opération Sentinelle: "I hail the Opération Sentinelle soldiers and the police forces who reacted with extreme calmness and efficiency."

Although this is the second attack in a three week span in the Marseille train station (four Boston students were attacked with acid earlier this month), Marseille's city councilor Patrick Mennucci said he did not believe Marseille was specifically targeted. "The latest information on the risks of a terror attack show that the town is not a particular target.

I think the security services responded extremely quickly. It's difficult to do more because when you see the distance between the two bodies and the attacker it's only 10 meters, so they intervened quickly."

Source:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4939960/Marseilles-attacker-killed-two-illegal-immigrant.html

Share this article
On The Goldwater you can comment anonymously, meaning you can post freely without being tracked or monitored. Your Identity is hidden from others.
0 Comment/s


What do you think about this article?
Name
Email
Subject
Comment *
File
10-19-2017   News 3 Comment/s

Before you Travel, Know the Law