A joint effort by elements of Singapore and United States Navy have finally found the bodies of 10 missing U.S. Navy sailors. The 10 men were announced missing after the USS McCain collided with an oil tanker off the coast of Singapore. The accident was one of four similar collisions involving US Navy ships in a 3 month period that lead to Seventh Fleet Commander Vice Admiral Joseph Aucoin being relieved of command.
<img src="https://media.8ch.net/file_store/1c3fdc6f10e73a4f3ba1a5a83c8c73a6794db2e3e589d9b578d3157a0dc4af25.jpg" style="max-height:640px;max-width:360px;">
<span style="margin-top:15px;rgba(42,51,6,0.7);font-size:12px;">Credit: Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Joshua Fulton</span>
The U.S. Navy gave a statement last week saying, "Admiral Scott Swift, commander of U.S. Pacific Fleet, today relieved the commander of Seventh Fleet, Vice Admiral Joseph Aucoin, due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command." The USS John S McCain is a guided-missile destroyer that was on a routine stop in Singapore earlier this month. The collision left a gaping hole in the vessel's hull flooding it with water. Divers found the missing men in the flooded compartments of the USS John S. McCain. The missing men have been identified, all were between age 20 and 39.
<img src="https://media.8ch.net/file_store/d6148d0efedfd5c5849b34d496443a6fe53a18aca809f06222a8064088ca467d.jpg" style="max-height:640px;max-width:360px;">
<span style="margin-top:15px;rgba(42,51,6,0.7);font-size:12px;">Credit: CNA/AFP/cy</span>
- Electronics Technician 1st Class Charles Nathan Findley, 31, from Amazonia, Missouri
- Interior Communications Electrician 1st Class Abraham Lopez, 39, from El Paso, Texas
- Electronics Technician 2nd Class Kevin Sayer Bushell, 26, from Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Electronics Technician 2nd Class Jacob Daniel Drake, 21, from Cable, Ohio
- Information Systems Technician 2nd Class Timothy Thomas Eckels Jr., 23, from Manchester, Maryland
- Information Systems Technician 2nd Class Corey George Ingram, 28, from Poughkeepsie, New York
- Electronics Technician 3rd Class Dustin Louis Doyon, 26, from Suffield, Connecticut
- Electronics Technician 3rd Class John Henry Hoagland III, 20, from Killeen, Texas
- Interior Communications Electrician 3rd Class Logan Stephen Palmer, 23, from Decatur, Illinois
- Electronics Technician 3rd Class, Kenneth Aaron Smith, 22, from Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
The incident is a tragic loss of life that mirrors a similar collision just weeks before that cost another 7 Navy sailors their lives. The 10 missing Navy sailors who were identified today are heroes who lost their lives protecting America. We are grateful to all those men and woman who dedicate their lives to any service, whether it be Law Enforcement, Emergency Responders, The Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, or Coast Guard.
Tips? Info? Send me a message!