If Hillary Clinton thinks that her crushing loss in last year’s presidential election made her past anomalies irrelevant and now a non-issue including her complicity in the Benghazi scandal, well she is gravely mistaken anew. Nine months since Donald Trump dealt her with the biggest disappointment and humiliation in her political career, a federal judge is ordering the State Department to find the emails Hillary wrote about the Benghazi attack.
Anita Mehta, U.S. District Court Judge, ruled that the State Department had not tried hard enough to trace the emails Hillary wrote about the assault on the U.S.diplomatic compound on September 11, 2012 that tragically killed four Americans, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya.
To comply with Freedom of Information Act requests, the State Department searched the nearly 30,000 messages Hillary turned over to the agency by her three top aides: Huma Abedin, Cheryl Mills and Jake Sullivan. The State also looked into the emails gathered by the FBI when it was still conducting a probe in Hillary’s private email server scandal. The State Department discovered 348 Benghazi-related messages or documents that were sent to or from Hillary in about five months after the Benghazi attack.
Judicial Watch said that the search wasn’t solid and adequate enough because the State never searched its own systems for relevant messages in the official email accounts of the three top Hillary aides.
Mehta, curiously an Obama appointee, issued a 10-page ruling and said that “the State has an obligation to search its own server for responsive records.”
Mehta also argued that the State Department’s servers archived emails from Clinton top aides , but it was not solidly established if that happened regularly or reliably.