In Sioux City Iowa a man has sought emergency surgery after a fireworks accident results in a man losing his hand.
Authorities in the Northwestern Iowa city say that Sioux City fire officials responded to an incident around 8 p.m. Monday on the city's north side.
The Assistant Fire Chief Dan Cougill says that the man was setting off fireworks which resulted in an accident where he lost his hand in an explosion. The man was immediately flown to a local hospital for emergency surgery.
On Saturday, a four-week-old baby alongside her mother in Eastern Iowa suffered severe burns and serious injuries when a fireworks explosion hit them both during an illegal fireworks show.
The property owner of the residence in Swisher was cited for failure to have a firework permit, which is a direct violation of a Johnson County ordinance.
In Kentucky a 25-year-old man was killed on Dixon Road when a fireworks display exploded, according to the Henderson County Sheriff's Office.
Henderson County Sheriff’s Deputies said that on or around 10:00 PM Monday night, they responded to an emergency call where Michael Osborne was trying to set off an aerial fireworks display at a relative's home.
According to the official reports from Henderson County Coroner's Office, Osborne, who is from Salem, Indiana, was bending over the fireworks when it exploded near his chest.
Upon arrival emergency responders say the man was taken to the Methodist Hospital where he was pronounced dead shortly thereafter.
The coroner's office states that Osborne's official cause of death was blunt force trauma. An autopsy will be performed in Louisville sometime Tuesday or Wednesday.