By: Savannah Smith | 06-24-2017 | News
Photo credit: Gage Skidmore / Flickr

Turkey Water Park: Five People Electrocuted In Pool

An unfortunate accident happened in a supposedly happy and leisurely water park in Sakarya province in Turkey when five people, including a 12-year-old child, have been electrocuted.

According to the report of Sky News, among the casualties from the electrocution accident include the aqua park’s 58-year-old owner and his 30-year-old son. The father and son tandem were electrocuted when they jumped into the pool to rescue children after noticing three children have suffered shocks in the water.

The Turkish NTV television channel reported that the children-victims were aged 12, 15 and 17.

All victims were immediately brought to a hospital by ambulances sent to respond to the scene. Unfortunately, the victims’ hearts already stopped beating due to the electrocution by the time they got to the hospital, according to the medical staff. Another individual has been admitted to hospital in the town of Akyazi with injuries.

After the incident, personnel at the water park cut the electricity to the building. Turkish gendarmerie officials said there was no residual current device (RCD) at the water park after inspecting the scene. RCD is crucial because as a device it can instantly break an electric circuit to prevent serious harm from an ongoing electric shock.


Share this article
Thoughts on the above story? Comment below!
1 Comment/s
Anonymous No. 4179 2017-06-24 : 04:50

>Turkroaches know the kids are getting electrocuted

>Decide to jump in WATER anyway

Absolutely retarded, even for a roach.

What do you think about this article?
Comment *

Recent News

Popular Stories