By Savannah Smith  |  07-29-2018   News
Photo credit: wdrb.com

The fun and excitement from an internet challenge game were just temporary, if not fleeting, but the pain and scars it left on a 15-year-old boy will remain in his memory forever.

Teen Kyland Clark is still wearing the scars after participating in the dangerous “Hot Water Challenge” that has gone wrong.

Clark recalls that just last week he and a friend were looking up the hot water challenge on YouTube. Then he fell asleep, and he says his friend then heated up some water and poured it on him supposedly as a “joke.”

<iframe width="476" height="267" src="https://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=3840341" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The pain Clark felt from the cruel stunt was certainly not funny. Clark shares: “When I came to my senses, the water got hot and I just got up and ripped my shirt off.”

The teen ran to the bathroom to try to find a way to ease the pain.

Related Coverage: https://thegoldwater.com/news/15985-Teens-Are-Eating-Detergent-in-the-Latest-Stupid-Social-Media-Challenge

Clark had to stay in the hospital for a week to treat the second-degree burns he suffered on his back, chest, and face.

While his doctors say Clark should heal, it would take a few more months before Clark’s pigment will be back to normal.

Doctors are also saying that it is unfortunate that they’re seeing more people land in the emergency room because of the said internet game challenge.

Related Coverage: https://thegoldwater.com/news/16746-Stores-Taking-Steps-to-Stop-People-from-Shoplifting-Detergents-Due-to-Craze

Dr. Ed Bartkus, the EMS director at Methodist Hospital in Indiana, warns about the dangerous internet game challenge that no one should take up: “It's suggesting to people that they can try it and they won't be hurt, but they will be. I can guarantee it.”

He also says people, especially teens, should not be swayed by peer pressure to do something foolish. He cautions: "If your friends are telling you to do this, they are not good friends."

Related Coverage: https://thegoldwater.com/news/16852-Despite-Efforts-By-Major-Retailers-And-YouTube-Record-Numbers-Of-Teens-Are-Still-Eating-Tide-Pods

Source:

http://abc13.com/3840243/

Twitter: #MAGA #KeepAmericaGreat! #Indiana #InternetGameChallenge #TheHotWaterChallenge #TeenSuffersBurnsfromInternetChallenge #DoctorsWarnAboutDangersofHotWaterChallenge #Fad
Share this article
Thoughts on the above story? Comment below!
9 Comment/s


tj No. 32671 1532888608

I bet the friends feel stupid

Anonymous No. 32692 1532896243

his dumbass friend needs to serve time in jail for this

Anonymous No. 32702 1532903750

MUH MELANIN! IT'S GONE!! WHITEY DID DISSSS

Anonymous No. 32703 1532905283

I hear the latest thing is the TRUST CHALLENGE.

It is where a liberal 18-25 year old male allows his 4 best female friends to each splash part of 1 gallon of Gas on him.

Anonymous No. 32712 1532911803

stupid, stupid challenge! stop it!

Anonymous No. 32718 1532918550

how irresponsible and gullible teens these days can get. horrible! didn't the friend realize pouring hot water on a sleeping friend is a criminal act? is it really about the challenge or he has some mean bone, if not outright criminal intent? they should sue him!

Anonymous No. 32729 1532922373

omg, that must have hurt so bad! to be poured boiling water!!! Really what are these kids thinking these days? those so called internet challenges are so insane! and stupid!

Anonymous No. 32768 1532955237

WARNING FUTURE VOTERS

Anonymous No. 32677 1533277780
It says "Hot" Water Challenge, not "Boiling"
What do you think about this article?
Name
Comment *
Image