Davis Cripe consumed excessive caffeine which caused a heart failure leading to his death. The 16-year-old boy died in his class at a South Carolina school. The boy drank a large Mountain Dew, an energy drink, and a McDonald's latte. He later collapsed after 2 hours.
Cardiac arrhythmia is a condition that’s triggered by drinking a large amount of caffeine over a small period. The heart stops beating as it should by either beating too fast or too slow. The incident drew the attention of Richland Country Coroner Gary Watts.
In response, he addressed the dangers of consuming too much caffeine. He said that the main cause of the death was the speed of the ingestion of the caffeine and not the amount of caffeine drunk. He says that different people handle caffeine differently.
An online caffeine encyclopedia "Caffeine Informer" says that healthy adult can consume up to 400 milligrams of caffeine a day, which is around 4 cups of coffee without any adverse effects.
However, Cripe was not a fully-grown adult, which may have contributed to his death. Cripe would have consumed about 500 milligrams of caffeine. Drinking too much caffeine can also lead to Caffeine Intoxication.
The condition has symptoms such as muscle twitching, anxiety, restlessness, periods of inexhaustibility and gastrointestinal irritation. Gastrointestinal irritation refers to when an individual has gas, abdominal pain, bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and other similar symptoms. Cripe’s father called on parents to keep an eye on their children’s caffeine consumption.
What was he, a faggot?
I once drunk a large coffee and two big redbulls before an exam in about half an hour and only thing I felt was some heat and had sweaty hands when I was going down from the caffeine high