The “zombie drug” K2 strikes again as one user shocked straphangers at a Brooklyn subway station as he lay zonked out and drooling on the tracks dangerously right next to the electrified third rail.
The said user is a 51-year-old man who appeared to have his face decomposing and was gumming his lips and muttering incoherently. A disturbing video captured the incident. The footage was shot on Tuesday at the Myrtle Avenue and Broadway J-M-Z station in Bushwick.
One commuter could be heard in the video screaming, “That looks like K2 bulls***!”
Also seen was another person who attempted to comfort the rail zombie that he wouldn’t be squished by a train. She even said reassuringly: “Someone’s coming to help you. Try not to move. The trains are not even running.”
<iframe width="618" height="348" src="//players.brightcove.net/4137224153001/ed38fae1-4db1-4308-8095-399a04010bc1_default/index.html?videoId=5797964647001" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
The Brooklyn subway video footage was shot by Taiberious Carr. He posted it on Facebook using the hashtag “Zombieland.” The post quickly garnered more than 238,000 views as of Friday.
Police sources and witnesses confirmed the incident on Friday.
The man was immediately brought to the Kings County Hospital for treatment. It is not yet clear how is he doing and if he had been discharged.
The neighborhood where he was found zonked out is a notorious hotspot for the ridiculous crazy-making synthetic drug, which has caused alarmingly caused dozens of overdoses in the past weeks. K2 users have been found passed out on sidewalks, with their mouths twitching or foaming.
Witnesses say even a restaurant near the subway station even sells the drug.
Police said that a 48-year-old woman suffered an asthma attack in the area at about the same time, and authorities suspect that K2 drugs are also involved in the case.
At least two more crazed K2 users were also reported in Brooklyn only hours apart. One was wrangled naked near Glenmore and Snediker avenues in East New York and was hospitalized. Another was seen passed out on Bedford Avenue and Herkimer Street in Clinton Hill.
The NYPD has been investigating the overdoses and issued warning about the drug describing it as “extremely toxic”, and that people who are taking it literally do not know what they’re putting into their body.” One witness also said that when someone’s “smoked it, they’re completely lost.”