While the Trump administration is cleaning out the MS-13 members in our country with the help of ICE, citizens are doing their part to stop the vile gang. A federal jury found six MS-13 members guilty on charges of kidnapping, murder, and extortion in Northern Virginia.
Dublas Aristides Lazo, Lelis Ezequiel Tremino-Tobar, Carlos Benitez Pereira, Daniel Oswaldo Flores-Maravilla, Andres Alexander Velasquez-Guevara, Manuel Antonio Centeno, Wilmer Viera-Gonzalez, and Miguel Zelaya-Gomez all worked together to target 18-year-old Carlos Otero-Henriquez.
The six MS-13 members, also known as La Mara Salvatrucha, kidnapped and murdered the teen because they thought he was a member of a rival gang. Prosecutors proved beyond a reasonable doubt the six gang members lured Otero-Henriquez into a vehicle by promising to take him to a party.
They then drove Otero-Henriquez to a quarry near Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, where they restrained and severely beat him before taking his life. The sinister group then dumped his body in a ditch and went back to their home in Leesburg, Virginia where they burned their clothes and destroyed evidence of the crime.
Tracy Doherty-McCormick, Acting U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, said: "The hallmark of MS-13 is extreme violence. This brutal kidnapping and murder is a tragic reminder of the impact MS-13 has on communities here in Northern Virginia. My hope is that our efforts to investigate and prosecute this case will send a clear message: Violence will be aggressively prosecuted. I want to thank our trial team and investigative partners for their terrific work on this case and for bringing these criminals to justice."
Andrew W. Vale, Assistant Director in Charge of the FBI’s Washington Field Office also weighed in on the crime saying: "This horrendous kidnapping and murder was a senseless and inhumane act committed by MS-13 member. Today’s verdict sends a clear message that the FBI, along with our local, state and other federal law enforcement agencies, will hold violent gang members and murderers fully accountable for their actions. The FBI, along with our partners, work relentlessly to ensure violent gangs and murderers are brought to justice. I would like to thank the agents, analysts, task force officers, and prosecutors for their unwavering efforts to eliminate gang violence in our communities."
Here are the charges the killers and their accomplices were convicted of:
- Juan Carlos Guadron-Rodriguez; 23-years-old Leesburg; Conspiracy to Commit Extortion; Use of Interstate Facilities in Aid of Extortion
- Dublas Aristides Lazo; 28-years-old; Leesburg; Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping; Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping and Murder in Aid of Racketeering; Kidnapping Resulting in Death
- Lelis Ezequiel Tremino-Tobar; 21-years-old; Alexandria, Virginia; Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping; Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping and Murder in Aid of Racketeering; Kidnapping Resulting in Death
- Carlos Jose Benitez Pereira; 22-years-old; Alexandria, Virginia; Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping; Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping and Murder in Aid of Racketeering; Kidnapping Resulting in Death
- Daniel Oswaldo Flores-Maravilla; 20-years-old; Alexandria, Virginia; Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping; Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping and Murder in Aid of Racketeering; Kidnapping Resulting in Death
- Andres Alexander Velasquez-Guevara; 22-years-old; Leesburg, Virginia; Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping
- Shannon Marie Sanchez; 36-years-old, Leesburg, Virginia; Conspiracy to Commit Extortion; Kidnapping Resulting in Death
- Wilmar Javier Viera-Gonzalez; 24-years-old; Leesburg, Virginia; Conspiracy to Commit Extortion; Kidnapping Resulting in Death
- Manuel Antonio Centeno; 34-years-old; Leesburg, Virginia; Kidnapping Resulting in Death
Tips? Info? Send me a message!Twitter: #MS13 #MAGA #Virginia #Gang #Violence #Justice #Department