Mr. John Podesta, the former campaign manager of Democratic 2016 Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton has long been a thorn in the eye to the right-wing side of the Republican party. Many expected his brother to be indicted soon after Mr. Manafort was called upon by the Mueller probe team, but nothing happened since. Mr. Podesta’s reach goes quite far.
So far even, that he was able to get a position as an adviser-writer for the influential Washington Post.
To promote an opinion piece for the newspaper in which the diminished standing of Mr. Jared Kushner was discussed, Mr. Podesta sent out a tweet to his followers, stating: “Seems like those “unnamed sources peddling second-hand hearsay with rank speculation that continue to leak inaccurate information,” came straight from 1600 Penn. Jared better start wearing his Kevlar on his back.”
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Seems like those “unnamed sources peddling second-hand hearsay with rank speculation that continue to leak inaccurate information,” came straight from 1600 Penn. Jared better start wearing his kevlar on his back. <a href="https://t.co/Aps6BEkJDd">https://t.co/Aps6BEkJDd</a></p>— John Podesta (@johnpodesta) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnpodesta/status/968616313408098304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Social media mostly seems to have an issue with that last phrase in which he advises the son-in-law of the current US President “Jared (Kushner) better start wearing his Kevlar on his back.”
We will not take a position but simply make an overview of the top tweets commenting on Mr. Podesta’s last phrase:
- Threat or Bad Word Choice? John Podesta Warns Jared Kushner to Wear Kevlar Vest
- Podesta made a veiled threat against Jared Kushner today saying he needed to wear kevlar on his back. I will be celebrating when he is arrested!
- "Jared better start wearing his Kevlar on his back." are you threatening a United States citizen? and the son-in-law of the @POTUS of the USA Mr. Podesta? @FBI really needs to speak with you and not just on this threat.
- Only if "kevlar" means KEVLAR VEST for protection. Should we send someone to Podesta's home for a safety check to make sure he does not own any guns? #QAnon
- Good to see this prosecution. Now go after everyone threatening violence against Christians, Jews, atheists, NRA members, and conservatives. Such as Bill Clinton's WH CoS Podesta using Twitter to tell Kushner to start wearing kevlar on his back.