By Kyle James   |  01-24-2018   News
Photo credit: AFP

While the bureaucrats in Washington D.C. were bickering over DACA, the U.S. military was hard at work. The Pentagon says it killed 150 ISIS fighters in an airstrike in eastern Syria while the government was shut down Saturday.

The airstrike targeted one of the last remaining pockets of ISIS control along the Euphrates River near the border of Syria and Iraq, according to a statement from U.S. Central Command, which is responsible for American forces in the Middle East.

ISIS has lost 98% of its territory and the remaining 2 percent includes an area around the Syrian city of Al-Shaafah which is where the airstrike took place. U.S. military officials believe Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the head of ISIS, is hiding in the area.

Fighters in the Syrian Democratic Forces backed by the U.S. "assisted in target observation prior to the strikes," according to the U.S. Central Command. The American aircraft targeted an ISIS headquarters with a "heavy concentration" of ISIS fighters who were in the process of leaving the area.

"The strikes underscore our assertion that the fight to liberate Syria is far from over," according to Maj. Ge. James Jarrard, commanding general of the special operations joint task force.

"Our SDF partners are still making daily progress and sacrifices, and together we are still finding, targeting and killing ISIS terrorists intent on keeping their extremist hold on the region," Jarrard said.

"We cannot take our focus off our mission, and we must not lose our momentum in taking these terrorists off the battlefield and preventing them from resurfacing somewhere else."

<i>On Twitter:</i>

<a href="https://twitter.com/ErvinProduction">@ErvinProduction</a>

Tips? Info? Send me a message!

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/23/us-kills-150-isis-fighters-in-syria-airstrike-during-government-shutdown-pentagon-says.html

Share this article
Thoughts on the above story? Comment below!
1 Comment/s


Anonymous No. 16752 1516800244

More BANG! for our Taxpayer Buck…☺

Just keep rolling the thunder …

What do you think about this article?
Name
Comment *
Image