Blake Perry and Ashley Davidson are a young student couple from Oklahoma, going through the usual couple progression as the relationship develops. Having past the flirty first weeks, months and probably years, Blake starting spending a tad too much time with his Xbox according to Ashley. So when he really wanted her to offer him Call of Duty for Christmas-she indeed delivered, complete with a hilarious relationship contract.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Little does she know these rules will be broken <a href="https://t.co/t4WtR30ly6">pic.twitter.com/t4WtR30ly6</a></p>— Blake Perry (@B_perry_9) <a href="https://twitter.com/B_perry_9/status/944974183003578368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">24 December 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
The thorough girlfriend had drawn up a detailed contract including rules about pausing the game to talk to her will full attention and taking no longer than 11 minutes to reply to texts.
In full, it read that:
1. If I call you must pause the game and talk to me with full attention.
2. No starting another match if we are planning to hang out or I ask to hang out.
3. You must ask if it is okay for you to play while I am over at your house with you. Make sure I have something to do while you are in battle.
4. You must reply to a text no longer than 11 minutes.
5. Do not forget to give me just as much attention.
Blake then had to sign the contract entitled ‘Rules for Your New Gift’ before he could start playing.
Many social media users did see the funny side, with one writing: “Nah bro… I’ve been through this before, she wants you to think it’s a joke but in reality, if you don’t follow those rules she will go postal on you. Just beware.”
Another joked: “Her waiting at 10 minutes and 57 seconds for that text back.”
However, one Twitter user pointed out that the contract could not be upheld: “Joke is on her, you can’t pause Call of Duty.”