By Kyle James   |  12-10-2017   News
Photo credit: Morgan Oliver | Dreamstime.com

Three people in Avondale, Ohio were injured after someone reportedly tried to kill bed bugs with an open flame. The condition of the victims is not known at this time but a total of ten people have been displaced by the fire.

Firefighters responded to the home at 325 Hutchins Avenue around midnight but by the time they arrived there was already a heavy fire in the building. The fire seems to have started on the first floor before working its way up to the second and third floors. The damage is estimated to be around $250,000 and three teens and seven adults were displaced.

This is the second fire of its kind in two weeks that was started by someone trying to kill bed bugs. One resident said, "When I got here the whole house was on fire." Kamaron Lyshe rushed home after seeing a Facebook Live video showing the fire tear through the building.

"I'm kind of dealing with it now. I'll start from scratch," Lyshe said. "It's like a dream….everything is burnt. I'll start fresh. It's all we can do now." There have been two other similar fires started by people trying to kill the pesky critters, one was in January last year as reported by the Detroit Free Press.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2016/01/08/man-trying-destroy-bedbugs-sets-apartment-ablaze/78530648/

In 2013, a New Jersey man also burned down his home trying to kill the bugs and the year before that a Kentucky woman did the same to her apartment. Fire officials offered these words of advice to anyone wanting to get rid of the pesky bugs, "Get a professional."

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m10!1m8!1m3!1d6188.630661434833!2d-84.487021!3d39.144809!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1512890248775" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<i>On Twitter:</i>

<a href="https://twitter.com/ErvinProduction">@ErvinProduction</a>

Tips? Info? Send me a message!

Source: http://local12.com/news/local/at-least-3-hurt-during-avondale-fire

Share this article
Thoughts on the above story? Comment below!
1 Comment/s


lynn No. 13688 1512892559

they can really be a pain thats for dang sure we had to deal with it a few times after staying at a hotel i wont name.. but we had a new bed we just got and it had to be throwen out wasnt very happy at all .. and cant afford a new one have been sleeping on an air mattres for the last yr know.. sucks ..

What do you think about this article?
Name
Comment *
Image