Pennsylvania – A man in Pennsylvania and his wife sues the amusement park, claiming that after riding one of the water rides, they contracted to parasite eating eyes. Robert Trostle claims that parasites have scattered while riding Kennywood Park's Raging Rapids on 2 July. He told that the parasite cannot be completely removed by surgery and he still has a painful symptom.
Trostle and his wife Krystsina claim that while waiting in the queue, he noticed that "the water of the ride is dirty, stagnant and resembles sludge". Trostle said that the water scattered near the end of the vehicle (which imitates white-water rafting trip) and he suffered from symptoms similar to conjunctivitis.
However, when his symptoms worsened, Trostle says that he was diagnosed with microsporidia keratitis. It is "Eat the cornea of the eye" TribLIVE.com reports.
Trostle received a very painful operation saying “extremely painful surgery where the parasite was scraped out of the eye with a surgical scalpel, and he was required to remain in a dark room for the next two days,”
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), parasitic keratitis can be confirmed with water, soil, tap water, heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment, eddy current pool and so on. Infection may occur when creatures contained in water or contact lens solution enter the eye through small scratches that can be caused by contact lens wear or mild eye damage.
Trostle claims that eyes suffer from blurred vision, itching, pain, inflammation, and redness because the doctor could not completely remove the parasite. The lawsuit names Kennywood Entertainment Inc., and seeks $35,000 in damages for the Squirrel Hill couple, charging that Kennywood failed to properly maintain the ride and filtration system.