By: Red Pill | 11-27-2017 | News
Photo credit: ABC7

California Man Shot after Holding 7-Month-Old Baby Hostage

Law enforcement in California say that they responded to a dangerous scene where a madman held a seven-month-old baby hostage while barricading himself inside of his car.

The incident began in Covina, near Kahler Russell Park on Glendora Avenue after an officer spotted a man in a car blocking the park entrance.

<iframe src="!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d13216.256918641013!2d-117.8642571!3d34.093495!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x0%3A0xf15215a8b8f0c211!2sKalher+Russell+Park!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1511767211420" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

According to Police that's when the officer approached the vehicle only to see a man inside the car arguing with a female and threatening her with a knife.

At some point during the argument the woman took the keys from the man and exited the vehicle, as the man held the knife threatening to hurt himself, refusing to exit the car.

Officers also saw that there was an infant child in the vehicle, as the man continued to refuse to unlock the doors holding the knife to his own throat while keeping the child hostage.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Police chopper evacuating Park. <a href="">@SGVCityWatch</a> <a href=";ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CovinaStandoff</a> <a href=""></a></p>&mdash; Sean Luevano ✊🏽 (@Seanrockon) <a href="">November 27, 2017</a></blockquote>

<script async src="" charset="utf-8"></script>

A police helicopter was brought to the scene and law enforcement began evacuating the area as a safety precaution.

This then began a several hours long standoff between the 22-year-old driver of the vehicle and law enforcement, who attempted to negotiate with the man to handover the child and peacefully surrender at the scene.

Despite the efforts of crisis negotiation teams to end the matter peacefully, the man continued to refuse to handover the child, causing authorities to have to act for the safety of the infant girl inside the vehicle.

After about six hours, SWAT Team officers tossed a flash bang grenade towards the car which prompted the man to exit the vehicle.

Upon exit, he then brandished the knife towards officers and was shot repeatedly by police.

Emergency medical responders were unable to save the man, who was pronounced dead shortly after.

The infant however was reportedly fine but is being transported for medical treatment just in case, reports<a href=""> ABC 7</a>.

—<i>[email protected]</i>

<i>On Twitter:</i>

<a href="">@IWillRedPillYou</a>

Tips? Info? Send me a message!

Share this article
Thoughts on the above story? Comment below!
0 comment/s
What do you think about this article?
Comment *

Recent News

Popular Stories