Trump Defends Executive Order, Says 'This is Not A Muslim Ban'

By Earnest Jones , The Goldwater · 01-30-2017

It's without a doubt that America needs to be safe from both internal and external threats, and as a result, President Trump's administration has set it's best foot forward in ensuring that this happens. As a result, President Trump released a statement on Sunday in which he stressed the importance of keeping the country safe, Trump also emphasized that his executive order is not a Muslim ban, this comes after the backlash and protests from lawmakers.

The President made it clear that America is a proud nation of immigrants and it will continue to show compassion to those who feel oppressed. However, he also made it clear that the U.S. will also have to protect its own citizens and borders. He also slammed the media for having knowledge of his administration's intentions to keep the U.S. safe and free ,but still refuses to accurately report this.

President Trump said that his policy is similar to what the former President Obama did back in 2011 when he banned visa for refugees from Iraq for six months. He also pointed to the Obama administration for identifying the seven countries included in Trump's executive order.

The President made it clear that the executive order is not a Muslim ban as the media has falsely reported, adding that it's not about religion but about terror and keeping our country safe. He also pointed out that there are over 40 different countries worldwide that are majority Muslim that are not affected by the executive order.

Trump also said that America will be issuing visas again to all countries once his administration is sure that it has reviewed and implemented the most secure policies over the next 90 days. The executive order that Trump signed on Friday called for a 90-day ban on nationals from seven predominantly Muslim countries entering the United States. The 120-day halt on admitting refugees is included in the suspension and an indefinite pause on admitting refugees from Syria, adding that he had a tremendous feeling for the people involved in this horrific humanitarian crisis in Syria. However, he also made it clear that his priority will always be to protect and serve the United States, adding that he'll always find ways of helping those who are suffering.

An emergency stay was granted by a federal judge in New York on Saturday, temporarily halting the removal of people detained following Trump's executive order. This marks the first successful legal challenge to Trump's administration and it affects those who have arrived in the U.S. with previously approved refugee applications or were in transit with valid visas. There were similar rulings that were later issued in Massachusetts, Virginia and Washington state. However, at the end of the day President Trump is on the right track in ensuring that he fulfills all his campaign pledges and making America safe is one of his key objectives that he promised that he'd ensure once he's in office.

<<Back
Hide Comment
What do you think about this article?
Name
Email
Subject
Comment *
File

All articles >>