By: Savannah Smith | 11-01-2017 | News
Photo credit: USA Today

Woman Sued Waffle House for “Serving Her With Bleach”

A woman has sued Waffle House in DeKalb County, Georgia as she claimed an employee of the restaurant served her with bleach, forcing her to cough up $50,000 in related medical expenses.

The suit says Atavian Moore ate at the restaurant located at 2842 Panola Road in Lithonia, Georgia on October 18, 2015 and she was served with a drink containing the dangerous chemical. Moore further alleged in her claim that the bleach came from the drink dispenser that was newly cleaned at that time.

Waffle House was served with the class suit on Friday. The restaurant’s spokesman Pat Warner said they’re looking into the situation. He said that they could not fully comment on the matter. Warner added: “Since it is pending litigation we will have no further comment and will respond to the allegations through the legal system. The safety of our customers is a responsibility that we take very seriously.”

In her suit, Moore claimed that she expected to incur future huge bills from treatment of gastrointestinal issues and psychological trauma.

The suit was filed in DeKalb County State Court by attorneys Charles Richards, Jr. And Mak McAllister of Suwanee, Georgia.

The charge says that the “negligence and failure of Waffle House to remove the bleach from Moore’s drink, Moore suffered injuries to her esophagus, stomach and other internal areas of her body.

Moore is asking for an amount she’s owed to be established by the court.


Share this article
Thoughts on the above story? Comment below!
2 Comment/s
Anonymous No. 10843 2017-11-01 : 05:01

Super negligence

Anonymous No. 11129 2017-11-04 : 19:01

Imagine if this bleach in a drink was given to a small child…kid wouldn't be here today, and the public would be accusing the parent of doing something to the, so negligent.

What do you think about this article?
Comment *

Recent News

Popular Stories